So we found this recipe and tweaked it according to what we had and could find at the store.
Lactose- Free Salmon Bisque
Prep: 15 minutes
Time before it is ready to eat: 30 minutes
- 2 cans of Clam Stock
- 4 tablespoons of BUTTER
- 2 cups of 2% Lactose Free Milk (I can't do real milk [lactose bothers me]... so if you can throw in some cream instead of 1 cup of milk
- 3 tablespoons of All Purpose Flour
- 1 can of Fire Roasted Tomatoes
- Bundle of Green Onions
- Parsley (put about 2 tbl spoons in and save the rest for garnishing)
- Dill (same deal as Parsley)
- Bundle or Bag of Spinach
- Small container of Portabella Mushrooms
- Garlic (I LOVE this... so I put a lot in it; so taste-depending put as much or as little as you want)
- 1 yellow onion
- 1 lb of Salmon (I just baked my frozen salmon, following package directions)
- Old Bay seasoning
- Crushed Red Pepper
Steps to make this deliciousness:
|Wash all veggies off and chop (mushrooms, spinach, onion, green onions, and garlic)|
|Bake your salmon and take off the skin AFTER it cools. Open your cans of stock and put in a bowl. Shred the salmon and let it soak in the stock. Start warming up the butter in your pot.|
|Once the butter is all melted and warm- throw everything you chopped in the BUTTER bath... until onions are a pretty much clear.|
|Take the stock and salmon and pour it in with the buttery goodness.|
|Now open the tomatoes and pour them in too.|
|Throw in your you 2 tablespoons of parsley and dill (into the soup).|
Form a roux (pronounced 'ru') in separate bowl. Whisk together your milk and flour. Add to your soup.
|Optional- use your immersion blender or standing blender... or just serve it "un-blended."|
|Now garnish with some parsley (I got curly parsley) and dill. EAT!|
|All done :)|
Good luck and let me know if you try it!
Loads of love!