It is so yummy!
Here is the recipe so you can try this deliciousness :)
- 4 small yellow onions
- 10 small red potatoes
- About 2 pounds.. red was on sale, you can do any potato though
- 1/4 cup chopped chives
- 5 cups Chicken Stock
- 3 cups Milk
- I used lactose free 2%.... but whatever you got in the fridge
- 4 tablespoons of butter
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- Comfort in a carton right here- CAUTION don't look at the nutritional content haha if you do- remember you are only using a LITTLE, it'll be okay)
- Roux ingredients
- 2 tablespoons of butter and 2 tablespoons of flour
- Sea salt if you have it
- Garlic Powder
- If you only have Garlic Salt, use it and only do pepper with it
- Used for topping, also sprinkle on some of your leftover chives
- Wash and Prep Veggies
- Potatoes (leave the skin on- nutrients are hidden in there), onion, and chives
- Cut them uniform if you can... it just makes cooking them evenly a lot less of a headache
- Meaning you can stick in a fork in the potato easily
- Melt your 2 tablespoons of butter, and slowly sprinkle in your 2 tablespoons of flour while you whisk. Keep whisking until it is thickened and no flour clumps are visible.
|Top with bacon, chives, pepper|
We also bought some fresh bread at the store and warmed it in the oven. The we cut us some small round disks of bread.
|Who needs a spoon when you have bread and bacon :)|
This is a simple recipe and will make about 10 servings... make sure you go ahead and put the soup in storage containers within about 30/45 minutes of cutting the heat off (with the cream and all you just want to play it safe).
A versatile recipe... just see what you have around and substitute where you need to! I do not think you can mess this one up.
We wanted to find fresh herbs (other than chives) to put in here, but this time of year it is just hard to find fresh stuff. Hang in there- almost Spring!
Have a great Wednesday y'all!