2.07.2011

Weekend Trip

Friday afternoon David and I headed up north to the ol farm for a visit with my family. On my lunch break I went and ran some errands... one of which was to pick up my mom's birthday surprise. Let's just say it was around 3000 calories (total)... yeah. BUT so good :) I went to Gigi's Cupcakes and got 4 different ones:
 Strawberry Shortcake, 
Tiramisu, 
Wedding Cake, 
and White Chocolate Midnight Madness. 
They were all wonderful and Mom loved her gift!

Opening her gift... 

Strawberry Shortcake was my favorite.

We had 4 slivers :) Haha... the icing was taller than the cake!

Saturday we went to my cousin's baby shower then went and visited my sister at work. I got some cool things from Speciality Wellness... David and I always enjoy looking around in there and buying some great health products! 

Of course I had to go visit Gus... he is the coolest dog.... ever. Just a beautiful dog isn't he?

I mean handsome ;)
I love him! 

I hope everyone has had a wonderful weekend-- David and I spent a lot of time outside yesterday enjoying the pretty day. 

I did get some preliminary work started for my thesis! YAH! Survey is in the making... researching hurricane evacuation-- what makes people evacuate/or not evacuate and how to educate the public better on what to do in natural hazards. Whew... the ball is rolling yah!

Got back in the swing of working out yesterday and today-- yah! Sickness is almost out of me and soreness is back in (darn you Crossfit... fist clinch in air haha but I love it)! 

This is pre-race week for David and me. We run in the Mercedes Marathon this weekend... we are a part of a 5 person relay team! 

David made some amazing seafood soup last night-- oysters, shrimp, crab, brown rice, spinach, and onion (I think that was all)... it was just amazing and perfect to watch the Superbowl commercials haha ;)

I did not get to do a post on Country Strong... but David and I saw it a couple weekends ago and it was great! Good guy/girl/group of friends... anybody who enjoys country music would enjoy it :)

Praying for everyone to feel great this week and to get many things done!






Verse for this week:
"The Lord says, 'I will rescue those who love me. I will protect those who trust in my name."
Psalm 91:14

Everyone take a BIG deep breathe--- it is going to be a good week.

Make sure you laugh... and show love to everyone!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share your thoughts... I love to hear from y'all!